Black Friday Shopping Tips•
Posted on November 25 2020
Successful BF shopping (tips from a retailer)
I did a lot of my Christmas shopping last year online and I felt super overwhelmed at times. I usually enjoy shopping in person because I love the atmosphere but with a baby, this year will be spent shopping from home.
I wanted to share some easy tips I’m using for successful shopping online.
- Tools : grab your laptop or iPad. Shopping on a bigger screen can be much easier to see any policies or details you don’t want to miss.
- Plan: As you create your shopping list, look at small shops that might have what you’re shopping for. Shop small if you can.
- Sign up for newsletters: find out all the deals and steals you can get. You might even save on shipping with a free shipping coupon.
- Have your debit/credit cards ready and double check your budgets. You don’t want a order to decline. 🤭
- List: create a list of who and what you’re shopping for. Categorize them together so you can shop the most from one place. Most stores offer free shipping when you spend $75-$100 +.
- Save browsing for last. To ensure you get exactly what you need, shop for those friends/family first. Take the pressure off of shopping. :)
- Cozy spot: grab your pjs, hot cocoa and maybe sit at your kitchen table or bar. You can shop comfortably with your list and easily view your entire Christmas shopping plan.
- Turn UP the Christmas music or favorite holiday movie. Gotta get in the spirit.
- Check for gift wrapping: you might be able to get your gifts wrapped already. This is usually an option at checkout with select stores.
- Double check your shipping address before checking out. You’d be surprised how often this happens. 🥴
- Check your email everyday for tracking. Many packages can be delayed, lost or even stolen. Porch pirates are out this year. I have personally had items stolen from our gate this month.
- Review return policies. If the policies are strict, you might want to shop somewhere else.
- Share what stores you’re shopping with on social media. This will help small shops grow and we love to see your support.